Legal Stuff "the fine print"
General Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (the "Agreement") are an agreement between White Squirrel Website Solutions ("White Squirrel" or "us" or "our") and you ("User" or "you" or "your"). This Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the products and services made available by White Squirrel and of the WhiteSquirrel.Solutions website (collectively, the "Services"). By using the Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to use or access the Services.
- Additional Policies and Agreements
- Use of the Services is also governed by the following policies, which are incorporated by reference. By using the Services, you also agree to the terms of the following policies.
- Additional terms may also apply to certain Services, and are incorporated by reference herein as applicable. For example, if you register a domain name with us, then the Domain Registration Agreement will also apply to you and would be incorporated herein.
- Account Eligibility
- By registering for or using the Services, you represent and warrant that:
- You are eighteen (18) years of age or older. The Services are intended solely for Users who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Any registration, use of or access to the Services, by anyone under eighteen (18) is unauthorized and is a violation of this Agreement.
- If you use the Services on behalf of another party you agree that you are authorized to bind such other party to this Agreement and to act on such other party's behalf with respect to any actions you take in connection with the Services.
- It is your responsibility to provide accurate, current, and complete information on the registration forms, including an email address that is different from the domain you are signing up under. If there is ever an abuse issue or we need to contact you, we will use the primary email address we have on file. It is your responsibility to ensure that the contact information for your account, including any domain accounts is accurate, correct and complete at all times. White Squirrel is not responsible for any lapse in the Services, including without limitation, any lapsed domain registrations due to outdated contact information being associated with the domain. If you need to verify or change your contact information, you may utilize the White Squirrel Billing and Support Portal to update your contact information. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. In dedicated server purchases or certain other cases, you may be required to provide government issued identification and possibly a scan of the credit card used for verification purposes. Failure to provide the information requested may result in your order being denied.
- You agree to be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place through your account. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and other information related to the security of your account.
- Any dedicated IP order in addition to those provided with a hosting package may be subject to IP justification. IP justification practices are subject to change to remain in compliance with the policies of the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN). We reserve the right to deny any dedicated IP request based on insufficient justification or current IP utilization.
- The Service and any data you provide to White Squirrel is hosted in the United States (U.S.) unless otherwise provided. If you access the Service from outside of the U.S., you are voluntarily transferring information (potentially including personally-identifiable information) and content to the U.S. and you agreeing that our collection, use, storage and sharing of your information and content is subject to the laws of the U.S., and not necessarily of the jurisdiction in which you are located.
- By registering for or using the Services, you represent and warrant that:
Our Transfers Team will make every effort to help you move your website to us. Transfers are provided as a courtesy service. We do not make any guarantees regarding the availability, possibility, or time required to complete an account transfer. Each hosting company is configured differently, and some hosting platforms save data in an incompatible or proprietary format, which may make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to migrate some or all account data. In some cases we may not be able to assist you in a transfer of data from an old host. The free transfer service is available for thirty (30) days from your sign up date. Transfers outside of the thirty (30) day period will incur a charge; please contact a member of our Transfers department to receive a price quote. In no event shall White Squirrel be held liable for any lost or missing data or files resulting from a transfer to or from White Squirrel. You are solely responsible for backing up your data in all circumstances.
- White Squirrel Content
Except for User Content (as defined below), all content available through the Services, including designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, software, audio and other files, and their selection and arrangement, and all software used to provide the Services (collectively, "White Squirrel Content"), are the proprietary property of White Squirrel or White Squirrel's licensors. White Squirrel Content may not be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, scraped, displayed, posted, transmitted, sold or exploited for any purpose in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, other than as expressly permitted in this Agreement. You may not, directly or indirectly, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code or other trade secrets from any White Squirrel Content. Any use of White Squirrel Content, other than as specifically authorized herein, is prohibited and will automatically terminate your rights to use the Services and any White Squirrel Content. All rights to use White Squirrel Content that are not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by White Squirrel and White Squirrel's licensors.
- User Content
- You may be able to upload, store, publish, display and distribute information, text, photos, videos and other content on or through the Services (collectively, "User Content"). User Content includes any content posted by you or by users of any of your websites hosted through the Services ("User Websites"). You are solely responsible for any and all User Content and any transactions or other activities conducted on or through User Websites. By posting or distributing User Content on or through the Services, you represent and warrant to White Squirrel that (i) you have all the necessary rights to post or distribute such User Content, and (ii) your posting or distribution of such User Content does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
Solely for purposes of providing the Services, you hereby grant to White Squirrel a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), publish and distribute User Content; and (ii) make archival or back-up copies of User Content and User Websites. Except for the rights expressly granted herein, White Squirrel does not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the User Content, all of which shall remain solely with you.
- White Squirrel exercises no control over, and accepts no responsibility for, User Content or the content of any information passing through White Squirrel's computers, network hubs and points of presence or the Internet. White Squirrel does not monitor User Content. However, you acknowledge and agree that White Squirrel may, but is not obligated to, immediately take any corrective action in White Squirrel's sole discretion, including without limitation removal of all or a portion of the User Content or User Websites, and suspend or terminate any and all Services without refund if you violate the terms of this Agreement. You hereby agree that White Squirrel shall have no liability due to any corrective action that White Squirrel may take.
- You may be able to upload, store, publish, display and distribute information, text, photos, videos and other content on or through the Services (collectively, "User Content"). User Content includes any content posted by you or by users of any of your websites hosted through the Services ("User Websites"). You are solely responsible for any and all User Content and any transactions or other activities conducted on or through User Websites. By posting or distributing User Content on or through the Services, you represent and warrant to White Squirrel that (i) you have all the necessary rights to post or distribute such User Content, and (ii) your posting or distribution of such User Content does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
- Third Party Products and Services
- Third Party Providers
White Squirrel may offer certain third party products and services. Such products and services may be subject to the terms and conditions of the third party provider. Discounts, promotions and special third party offers may be subject to additional restrictions and limitations by the third party provider. You should confirm the terms of any purchase and the use of goods or services with the specific third party provider with whom you are dealing.
White Squirrel does not make any representations or warranties regarding, and is not liable for, the quality, availability, or timeliness of goods or services provided by a third party provider. You undertake all transactions with these third party providers at your own risk. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information regarding third party providers. White Squirrel is not an agent, representative, trustee or fiduciary of you or the third party provider in any transaction.
- White Squirrel as Reseller or Licensor
White Squirrel may act as a reseller or licensor of certain third party services, hardware, software and equipment used in connection with the Services ("Non-White Squirrel Products"). White Squirrel shall not be responsible for any changes in the Services that cause any Non-White Squirrel Products to become obsolete, require modification or alteration, or otherwise affect the performance of the Services. Any malfunction or manufacturer's defects of Non-White Squirrel Products, either sold, licensed or provided by White Squirrel to you will not be deemed a breach of White Squirrel's obligations under this Agreement. Any rights or remedies you may have regarding the ownership, licensing, performance or compliance of any Non-White Squirrel Product are limited to those rights extended to you by the manufacturer of such Non-White Squirrel Product. You are entitled to use any Non-White Squirrel Product supplied by White Squirrel only in connection with your use of the Services as permitted under this Agreement. You shall make no attempt to copy, alter, reverse engineer, or tamper with such Non-White Squirrel Product or to use it other than in connection with the Services. You shall not resell, transfer, export or re-export any Non-White Squirrel Product, or any technical data derived therefrom, in violation of any applicable law, rules or regulations.
- Third Party Websites
The Services may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by White Squirrel ("Third Party Sites"), as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, sound, video, information, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties ("Third Party Content"). We are not responsible for any Third Party Sites or Third Party Content accessed through the Services. Third Party Sites and Third Party Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us. If you decide to access Third Party Sites or to access or use any Third Party Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable third party's terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices of any website to which you navigate.
- Third Party Providers
- Prohibited Persons (Countries, Entities, And Individuals).
The Services are subject to export control and economic sanctions laws and regulations administered or enforced by the United States Department of Commerce, Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”), Department of State, and other United States authorities (collectively, “U.S. Trade Laws”). You may not use the Services to export or reexport, or permit the export or reexport, of software or technical data in violation of U.S. Trade Laws. In addition, by using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are not (a) an individual, organization or entity organized or located in a country or territory that is the target of OFAC sanctions (including Cuba, Iran, Syria, Sudan, North Korea, or the Crimea region of Ukraine); (b) designated as a Specially Designated National or Blocked Person by OFAC or otherwise owned, controlled, or acting on behalf of such a person; (c) otherwise a prohibited party under U.S. Trade Laws; or (d) engaged in nuclear, missile, chemical or biological weapons activities to which U.S. persons may not contribute without a U.S. Government license. Unless otherwise provided with explicit written permission, White Squirrel also does not register, and prohibits the use of any of our Services in connection with, any Country-Code Top Level Domain Name (“ccTLD”) for any country or territory that is the target of OFAC sanctions. The obligations under this section shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement or your use of the Services.
- Account Security and White Squirrel Systems.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that scripts/programs installed under your account are secure and permissions of directories are set properly, regardless of the installation method. When at all possible, set permissions on most directories to 755 or as restrictive as possible. Users are ultimately responsible for all actions taken under their account. This includes the compromise of credentials such as user name and password. You are required to use a secure password. If a weak password is used, your account may be suspended until you agree to use a more secure password. Audits may be done to prevent weak passwords from being used. If an audit is performed, and your password is found to be weak, we will notify you and allow time for you to change or update your password before suspending your account.
- The Services, including all related equipment, networks and network devices are provided only for authorized customer use. White Squirrel may, but is not obligated to, monitor our systems, including without limitation, to ensure that use is authorized, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability, and operational security. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied and used for authorized purposes. By using the Services, you consent to monitoring for these purposes.
- Any account found connecting to a third party network or system without authorization from the third party is subject to suspension. Access to networks or systems outside of your direct control requires the express written consent of the third party. White Squirrel may, at our discretion, request documentation to prove that your access to a third party network or system is authorized.
- Any account which causes us to receive an abuse report may be terminated and/or have access to services suspended. If you do not remove malicious content from your account after being notified by White Squirrel of an issue, we reserve the right to leave access to services disabled.
- White Squirrel reserves the right to migrate your account from one data center to another in order to comply with applicable data center policies, local law or for technical or other reasons without notice.
- HIPAA Disclaimer. We are not "HIPAA compliant."
You are solely responsible for any applicable compliance with federal or state laws governing the privacy and security of personal data, including medical or other sensitive data. You acknowledge that the Services may not be appropriate for the storage or control of access to sensitive data, such as information about children or medical or health information. White Squirrel does not control or monitor the information or data you store on, or transmit through, the Services. We specifically disclaim any representation or warranty that the Services, as offered, comply with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA"). Customers requiring secure storage of "protected health information" as defined under HIPAA are expressly prohibited from using the Services for such purposes. Storing and permitting access to "protected health information" is a material violation of this Agreement, and grounds for immediate account termination. We do not sign "Business Associate Agreements" and you agree that White Squirrel is not a Business Associate or subcontractor or agent of yours pursuant to HIPAA. If you have questions about the security of your data, you should contact us.
- Compatibility with the Services
- You agree to cooperate fully with White Squirrel in connection with White Squirrel's provision of the Services. It is solely your responsibility to provide any equipment or software that may be necessary for your use of the Services. To the extent that the performance of any of our obligations under this Agreement may depend upon your performance of your obligations, White Squirrel is not responsible for any delays due to your failure to timely perform your obligations.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that all User Content and User Websites are compatible with the hardware and software used by White Squirrel to provide the Services, which may be changed by White Squirrel from time to time in our sole discretion.
- You are solely responsible for backing-up all User Content, including but not limited to, any User Websites. White Squirrel does not warrant that we back-up any User Content, and you agree to accept the risk of loss of any and all User Content.
- Billing and Payment Information
It is your responsibility to ensure that your payment information is up to date, and that all invoices are paid on time. You agree to pay for the Services in advance of the time period during which such Services are provided. Subject to applicable laws, rules, and regulations, payments received will be first applied to the oldest outstanding invoice in your billing account.
Unless otherwise provided, you agree that until and unless you notify White Squirrel of your desire to cancel the Services, you will be billed on an automatically recurring basis to prevent any disruption to your Services, using your credit card or other billing information on file with us.
Listed fees for the Services do not include any applicable sales, use, revenue, excise or other taxes imposed by any taxing authority. Any applicable taxes will be added to White Squirrel's invoice as a separate charge to be paid by you. All fees are non-refundable when paid unless otherwise stated.
- Late Payment
All invoices must be paid within ten (10) days of the invoice due date. Any invoice that is outstanding for more than ten (10) days may result in the suspension or termination of Services. Access to the account will not be restored until payment has been received. If you fail to pay the fees as specified herein, White Squirrel may suspend or terminate your account and pursue the collection costs incurred by White Squirrel, including without limitation, any arbitration and legal fees, and reasonable attorneys' fees. White Squirrel will not activate new orders or activate new packages for customers who have an outstanding balance on their account.
Dedicated servers are subject to being reclaimed and all content deleted if you fail to make a timely payment. If you make a late payment we do not automatically reactivate the dedicated servers. Contact White Squirrel directly after you make a late payment to reactivate the dedicated server.
- Domain Payments
It is solely your responsibility to notify White Squirrel's Billing department via a support ticket created from our support portal after purchasing a domain. Domain renewal notices are provided as a courtesy reminder and White Squirrel is not responsible for a failure to renew a domain or a failure to notify a customer about a domain's renewal. Domain renewals are billed and renewed thirty (30) days before the renew date.
It is a violation of this Agreement for you to misuse or fraudulently use credit cards, charge cards, electronic funds transfers, electronic checks, or any other payment method. White Squirrel may report any such misuse or fraudulent use, as determined in White Squirrel's sole discretion, to governmental and law enforcement authorities, credit reporting services, financial institutions and/or credit card companies.
- Invoice Disputes
You have ninety (90) days to dispute any charge or payment processed by White Squirrel. If you have any questions concerning a charge on your account, please reach out to our billing department for assistance.
- Payment Card Industry Security Standard Disclaimer
White Squirrel complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standard ("PCI Standard") in connection with the collection and processing of our customer's data and billing information. However, you are solely responsible for the security of the data and billing information on your User Website. White Squirrel does not monitor User Websites for PCI compliance and we are not able to verify whether a User Website complies with the PCI Standard.
- Money-back Guarantee
White Squirrel offers a forty-five (45) day money- back guarantee for White Squirrel's managed shared hosting services only. Subject to the terms described in Section 13 below, if you are not completely satisfied with these hosting services and you terminate your account within forty-five (45) days of signing up for the Services, you will be given a full refund of the amount paid for hosting. This money-back guarantee only applies to fees paid for hosting services and does not apply to administrative fees, install fees for custom software or other setup fees, or to any fees for any other additional services.
- Cancellations and Refunds
- Payment Method
No refunds will be provided if you use any of the following methods of payment: bank wire transfers, Western Union payments, checks and money orders. If you use any of these payment methods, any applicable credit will be posted to your hosting account instead of a refund.
- Money-back Guarantee
If an account with a forty-five (45) day money-back guarantee is purchased and then cancelled within the first forty-five (45) days of the beginning of the term (the "Money-Back Guarantee Period"), you will, upon your written request to the White Squirrel Support Team (the "Refund Request") within ninety (90) days of such termination or cancellation ("Notice Period"), receive a full refund of all basic shared, VPS and reseller hosting fees previously paid by you to White Squirrel for the initial term ("Money-Back Guarantee Refund"); provided that such Money-Back Guarantee Refund shall be due to you only upon your compliance with, and subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of, this Section 13. Requests for these refunds must be made in writing to the White Squirrel Support Team. Refunds will only be issued for basic shared, VPS and reseller hosting services and will not include administrative fees, install fees for custom software or other setup fees, nor will they include any fees for any other additional services. Money Back Guarantee Refunds will not accrue, and shall not be paid under any circumstances, if you do not provide the applicable Refund Request within the Notice Period.
- Refund Eligibility
Only first-time accounts are eligible for a refund. For example, if you've had an account with us before, canceled and signed up again, or if you have opened a second account with us, you will not be eligible for a refund. Violations of this Agreement will waive your rights under the refund policy.
- Non-refundable Products and Services
There are no refunds on dedicated servers, administrative fees, and install fees for custom software. Please note that domain refunds will only be considered if the domain was ordered in conjunction with a hosting package and will be issued at White Squirrel's sole discretion. Purchases of TLDs are non-refundable.
- Cancellation Process
You may terminate or cancel the Services by giving White Squirrel written notice via the support portal. In such event: (i) you shall be obligated to pay all fees and charges accrued prior to the effectiveness of such cancellation and (ii) White Squirrel may, in our sole discretion, refund all pre-paid fees for basic hosting services for the full months remaining after the effectiveness of such cancellation (i.e. no partial month fees shall be refunded) less any setup fees, applicable taxes and any discount applied for prepayment, provided that you are not in breach of this Agreement.
Once we receive your cancellation request and have confirmed all necessary information with you via email, we will inform you in writing (typically email) that your account has been canceled. Your cancellation confirmation will contain a ticket/tracking number in the subject line for your reference and for verification purposes. You should immediately receive an automatic email with a tracking number stating that "Your request has been received...." White Squirrel will confirm your request and process your cancellation shortly thereafter. If you do not hear back from us, or do not receive the automatic confirmation email within a few minutes after submitting your cancellation request, please contact us immediately via phone at: 1-828-575-4156.
We require all cancellations to be done through the online support portal in order to (a) confirm your identity, (b) confirm in writing that you are prepared for all of your files and emails to be removed, and (c) document the request. This process aims to reduce the likelihood of mistakes, fraudulent/malicious requests, and to ensure that you are aware that your files, emails, and account may be removed immediately and permanently after a cancellation request is processed.
Cancellations for shared accounts will be effective on the account's renewal date. Cancellations for dedicated and VPS accounts will be effective immediately.
Domain renewals are billed and renewed thirty (30) days before the renewal date. It is your responsibility to notify White Squirrel's Billing department via a support ticket to cancel any domain registration at least thirty (30) days prior to the renewal date. No refunds will be given once a domain is renewed. All domain registrations and renewals are final.
- Foreign Currencies
Exchange rate fluctuations for international payments are constant and unavoidable. All refunds are processed in U.S. dollars and will reflect the exchange rate in effect on the date of the refund. All refunds are subject to this fluctuation and White Squirrel is not responsible for any change in exchange rates between the time of payment and the time of refund.
White Squirrel may terminate your access to the Services, in whole or in part, without notice in the event that: (i) you fail to pay any fees due; (ii) you violate this Agreement; (iii) your conduct may harm White Squirrel or others or cause White Squirrel or others to incur liability, as determined by White Squirrel in our sole discretion; or (iv) as otherwise specified in this Agreement. In such event, White Squirrel shall not refund to you any fees paid in advance of such termination, and you shall be obligated to pay all fees and charges accrued prior to the effectiveness of such termination. Additionally, White Squirrel may charge you for all fees due for the Services for the remaining portion of the then current term.
UPON TERMINATION OF THE SERVICES FOR ANY REASON, USER CONTENT, USER WEBSITES, AND OTHER DATA WILL BE DELETED.
- Payment Method
- CPU, Bandwidth and Disk usage
- Permitted CPU and Disk Usage
All use of hosting space provided by White Squirrel is subject to the terms of this Agreement and the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Shared hosting space may only be used for web files, active email and content of User Websites. Shared hosting space may not be used for storage (whether of media, emails, or other data), including, as offsite storage of electronic files, email or FTP hosts. White Squirrel expressly reserves the right to review every shared account for excessive usage of CPU, disk space and other resources that may be caused by a violation of this Agreement or the Acceptable Use Policy. White Squirrel may, in our sole discretion, terminate access to the Services, apply additional fees, or remove or delete User Content for those accounts that are found to be in violation of White Squirrel's terms and conditions.
- Dedicated and VPS usage is limited by the resources allocated to the specific plan that you have purchased.
- Bandwidth Usage
Shared servers are not limited in their bandwidth allowance. Unlimited bandwidth usage is not available for resellers, dedicated or VPS servers, which are subject to the terms of the plan you purchased and can be viewed in your control panel.
- Permitted CPU and Disk Usage
- Uptime Guarantee
If your shared or reseller server has a physical downtime that falls short of the 99.9% uptime guarantee, you may receive one (1) month of credit on your account. This uptime guarantee does not apply to planned maintenance. Approval of any credit is at the sole discretion of White Squirrel and may be dependent upon the justification provided. Third party monitoring service reports may not be used for justification due to a variety of factors including the monitor's network capacity/transit availability. The uptime of the server is defined as the reported uptime from the operating system and the Apache Web Server which may differ from the uptime reported by other individual services. To request a credit, please create a support ticket to our Billing department with justification [within thirty (30) days of the end of the month for which you are requesting a credit]. Uptime guarantees only apply to shared and reseller solutions. Dedicated servers are covered by a network guarantee in which the credit is prorated for the amount of time the server is down which is not related to our uptime guarantee.
- Reseller Terms and Client Responsibility
Reselling of White Squirrel hosting is strictly prohibited
- Shared (non-reseller accounts)
Shared accounts may not be used to resell web hosting to others.
- Dedicated Servers
White Squirrel reserves the right to reset the password on a dedicated server if the password on file is not current so that we may do security audits as required by our datacenter. It is your responsibility to ensure that there is a valid email address and current root password on file for your dedicated server to prevent downtime from forced password resets. White Squirrel reserves the right to audit servers as needed and to perform administrative actions at the request of our datacenter. Dedicated servers are NOT backed up by us. It is your responsibility to maintain backups. Dedicated servers that have invoices outstanding for more than ten (10) days may be subject to deletion which will result in the loss of all data on the server. White Squirrel will not be liable for any loss of data resulting from such deletion.
- Price Change
White Squirrel reserves the right to change prices or any other charges at any time. We will provide you with at least thirty (30) days notice before charging you with any price change on any annual or longer term plans. It is your sole responsibility to periodically review billing information provided by White Squirrel through the user billing tool or through other methods of communication, including notices sent or posted by White Squirrel.
Discounts and coupon codes are reserved for first-time accounts or first-time customers only and may not be used towards the purchase of a domain registration unless otherwise specified. If you have previously signed up using a particular domain, you may not sign up again for that domain using another coupon at a later date. Any account found in violation of these policies will be reviewed by our Sales department and the appropriate charges will be added to the account. Coupon abuse will not be tolerated and may result in the suspension or termination of your account. All coupons and discounts are only valid towards the initial purchase and do not affect the renewal or recurring price.
- Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WHITE SQUIRREL ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, OR ANY USER CONTENT, USER WEBSITES OR OTHER MATERIALS ACCESSED OR DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE SERVICES, EVEN IF WHITE SQUIRREL IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, WHITE SQUIRREL'S LIABILITY TO YOU, OR ANY PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU, FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO WHITE SQUIRREL FOR THE SERVICES IN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE INITIAL ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY. THIS IS AN AGGREGATE LIMIT. THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM HEREUNDER WILL NOT INCREASE THIS LIMIT.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless White Squirrel, our affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (each an "Indemnified Party" and, collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, suits, actions, demands, proceedings (whether legal or administrative), and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney's fees) threatened, asserted, or filed by a third party against any of the Indemnified Parties arising out of or relating to (i) your use of the Services, (ii) any breach or violation by you of this Agreement; or (iii) any acts or omissions by you. The terms of this section shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
By using the Services, you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") in connection with any dispute relating to, concerning or arising out of this Agreement. The arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator chosen by White Squirrel and will be held at the AAA location chosen by White Squirrel in North Carolina. Payment of all filing, administrative and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA's rules, unless otherwise stated in this paragraph. In the event you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, White Squirrel will pay as much of your filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. The arbitration before the AAA shall proceed solely on an individual basis without the right for any claims to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on bases involving claims brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of others. The Federal Arbitration Act, and not any state arbitration law, governs all arbitration under this paragraph. All decisions rendered by the arbitrator will be binding and final. The arbitrator's award is final and binding on all parties. The arbitrator's authority to resolve and make written awards is limited to claims between you and White Squirrel alone. Claims may not be joined or consolidated unless agreed to in writing by all parties. No arbitration award or decision will have any preclusive effect as to issues or claims in any dispute with anyone who is not a named party to the arbitration. If you initiate litigation or any other proceeding against White Squirrel in violation of this paragraph, you agree to pay White Squirrel's reasonable costs and attorneys' fees incurred in connection with our enforcement of this paragraph.
- Independent Contractor
White Squirrel and User are independent contractors and nothing contained in this Agreement places White Squirrel and User in the relationship of principal and agent, partners or joint venturers. Neither party has, expressly or by implication, or may represent itself as having, any authority to make contracts or enter into any agreements in the name of the other party, or to obligate or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the formation of this Agreement or the breach of this Agreement, including any claim based upon an alleged tort, shall be governed by the substantive laws of the State of North Carolina. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement.
White Squirrel shall not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. White Squirrel makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for the Services. White Squirrel disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, including loss of data resulting from delays, delivery failures, wrong deliveries, and any and all service interruptions caused by White Squirrel or our employees.
- Backups and Data Loss
Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. White Squirrel's backup service runs once a week and overwrites any of our previous backups. Only one week of backups are kept at a time. This service is provided only to shared accounts as a courtesy and may be modified or terminated at any time at White Squirrel's sole discretion. White Squirrel does not maintain backups of dedicated accounts. White Squirrel is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for all files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on White Squirrel's servers.
Any shared account using more than 20 gigs of disk space will be removed from our off site weekly backup with the exception of databases continuing to be backed up. All data will continue to be mirrored to a secondary drive to help protect against data loss in the event of a drive failure.
- Limited Warranty
THE SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE BASIS." EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS SECTION, WHITE SQUIRREL AND OUR AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, FOR THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER. WHITE SQUIRREL AND OUR AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES (I) THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE OR COMPLETELY SECURE; (II) AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES; OR (III) AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES. WHITE SQUIRREL AND OUR AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS ARE NOT LIABLE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY, FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY DATA TRANSFERRED EITHER TO OR FROM USERS OR STORED BY USERS ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES. THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION SHALL SURVIVE ANY TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- Disclosure to Law Enforcement
White Squirrel may disclose User information to law enforcement agencies without further consent or notification to the User upon lawful request from such agencies. We cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies.
- Entire Agreement
This Agreement, including documents incorporated herein by reference, supersedes all prior discussions, negotiations and agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and this Agreement constitutes the sole and entire agreement between the parties with respect to the matters covered hereby.
The headings herein are for convenience only and are not part of this Agreement.
- Changes to the Agreement or the Services
- White Squirrel may modify, add, or delete portions of this Agreement at any time. If we have made significant changes to this Agreement, we will post a notice on the White Squirrel website for at least thirty (30) days after the changes are posted and will indicate at the bottom of this Agreement the date of the last revision. Any revisions to this Agreement will become effective when posted unless otherwise provided. You agree to any modification to this Agreement by continuing to use the Services after the effective date of any such modification.
- White Squirrel reserves the right to modify, change, or discontinue any aspect of the Services at any time.
If any provision or portion of any provision of this Agreement is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions or portions (unless otherwise specified) thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
No failure or delay by you or White Squirrel to exercise any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or remedy preclude any other or further exercise of any right or remedy. No express waiver of, or assent to, any breach of or default in any term or condition of this Agreement by any party hereto shall constitute a waiver of, or an assent to, any succeeding breach of or default in the same or any other term or condition hereof.
- Assignment; Successors
You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any of your rights or obligations hereunder, without the prior written consent of White Squirrel. Any attempted assignment in violation of this Agreement shall be null and void and of no force or effect whatsoever. White Squirrel may assign our rights and obligations under this Agreement, and may engage subcontractors or agents in performing our duties and exercising our rights hereunder, without the consent of User. This Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- Force Majeure
Neither party is liable for any default or delay in the performance of any of its obligations under this Agreement (other than failure to make payments when due) if such default or delay is caused, directly or indirectly, by forces beyond such party's reasonable control, including, without limitation, fire, flood, acts of God, labor disputes, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, interruptions of transportation or communications, supply shortages or the failure of any third party to perform any commitment relative to the production or delivery of any equipment or material required for such party to perform its obligations hereunder.
- Third-Party Beneficiaries
Except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement is intended, nor shall anything herein be construed to confer any rights in any person other than the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Notwithstanding the foregoing, user acknowledges and agrees that any supplier of a third-party product or service that is identified as a third-party beneficiary in the service description, is an intended third-party beneficiary of the provisions set forth in this Agreement as they relate specifically to its products or services and shall have the right to enforce directly the terms and conditions of this Agreement with respect to its products or services against user as if it were a party to this Agreement.
- Additional Policies and Agreements
Who We Are
White Squirrel provides cloud-based solutions, including web hosting, domain name registration and related products and services, to businesses, individuals, non-profit organizations and others. White Squirrel is able to provide a variety and range of products and services to help customers with their technology needs.
The information that White Squirrel collects in connection with the Services is hosted on servers located in the United States (U.S.), unless otherwise provided, and may be processed or accessed outside of the European Economic Area countries by us or our service providers. By using the Services, you freely and expressly give White Squirrel your consent to export your information and data outside of the European Economic Area.
We collect the following types of information from you to provide you with the products and services you purchased and for the purposes described below. We may collect any or all of the information via both automated means such as communications profiles or cookies.
Personal Information. The personal information we collect depends on the type of service, support, or sales inquiry, and may include your name, address, telephone number, fax number and email address, dates of service provided, types of service provided, payment history, manner of payment, amount of payments, date of payments, domain name, credit card or other payment information. The financial information will only be used to bill you for the products and services you purchased. If you purchase by credit card, this information may be forwarded to your credit card provider. When transferring personal information a security icon will appear in your browser.
Customer Surveys. We may periodically conduct customer surveys. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. However, we encourage our users to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information, if provided, will remain confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party service provider on our behalf.
Personal Information. The information we collect is used for billing and to provide service and support to our customers. We may study this information to determine our customers' needs and to promote certain products and services or additional support. We may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from information that our customers provide during registration (such as the total number of customers in a given category). This aggregated and non-identifying information may be used to promote advertisements that appear on our website and in connection with our services.
We take reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized access to your information. Accordingly, we may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details. White Squirrel may also use the information you provide to email White Squirrel's monthly newsletter to the primary contact e-mail on file, or to contact you about other products or services that we think may be of interest.
Log Files. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer our site and servers, track access, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. However, it is possible that personal information about a customer may be included in the log files due to the normal functions of IP addresses and Web browsing.
Customer Surveys. We may use the contact and other information provided to follow up with customers who respond to our customer surveys to help resolve issues internally or with our third party partners. For example, White Squirrel may contact customers based on their survey answers or to highlight certain changes we made in response to customer feedback.
Partners and Sponsors. Some of our products or services are offered or promoted to our customers in conjunction with a partner or sponsor, or another brand or company within our corporate family. We may share your information with these parties to offer the product or service or to facilitate your use of additional amenities included with your hosting account. For example, one of our partners may provide services to you based on links that you access from your control panel.
We may also disclose aggregate, anonymous data based on information collected from users to potential partners, reputable third parties and other companies or brands within our corporate family. We will only share your information with third parties that agree to maintain your information in confidence and to use it solely for purposes of providing the product or service as agreed to by White Squirrel.
Service Providers. We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your personal information to third parties that help us provide our services or provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to authorize and process payments, administer surveys, or run promotions. Your personal information may be maintained and processed by our third party service providers in the United States or in other jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Online Advertisements. We do not share personally identifiable information about individual customers with advertisers. We may display online advertisements and we may share aggregated and non-identifying information about our customers that we collect through the registration process or through online surveys and promotions with certain advertisers. In some instances, we use this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements. For example, an advertiser may tell us the audience they want to reach (e.g., males between 25 and 55 years of age) and provide us with an advertisement tailored to the audience. Based upon the aggregated and non-identifying information we have collected, we may then display the advertisement to the intended audience.
Customer Surveys. We may share customer information obtained from customer surveys within White Squirrel and our corporate family, and with trusted third parties to develop or provide products and services that we believe would be of interest to our customers.
Domain Registration. In certain jurisdictions or pursuant to the rules of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") or certain registries, the contact information you provide to register a domain name ("Domain Name Registration Information") has to be made available and accessible to the public through a "WHOIS" search. The WHOIS database is a publicly accessible database that lists the Domain Name Registration Information for a particular domain name, the name server(s) to which the domain name points, and the domain name's creation and expiration date. The Domain Name Registration Information you provide is hosted by us or a third party service provider and is made available to the public through WHOIS searches. At times, customers may receive solicitations that result from searches of the publicly available WHOIS database by other companies or individuals. Any such solicitations or SPAM do not come from White Squirrel and we do not control the use of WHOIS information by third parties. Further, pursuant to ICANN rules, White Squirrel is required to make WHOIS data available to any third party that enters into a bulk access agreement. While ICANN allows individuals to opt-out (using the account management panel, domain management console or similar service) of having their WHOIS information made available to third parties through bulk access, companies, such as ours, businesses, and other organizations do not have the ability to opt-out of having their information made available to a third party that enters a bulk access agreement. We may also deposit your Domain Name Registration Information with a third-party escrow provider to comply with ICANN requirements.
Legal Reasons. We may access, preserve and share information about customers with companies, organizations, governmental entities or individuals outside of White Squirrel if we believe, in good faith, that the law requires us to do so. This may include, but is not limited to, responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes (such as law enforcement requests). We may also access, preserve and share information about customers as necessary to: (i) establish or exercise White Squirrel’s legal rights or defend against any legal claim including threatened claims involving White Squirrel based on the anonymity of a domain name; (ii) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected fraud or other illegal activities; (iii) prevent death or serious physical harm to any person; or (iv) investigate violations of White Squirrel’s Terms of Service.
Opt Out. By default, customers will receive invoices, any system updates, White Squirrel newsletters and other mailings. Customers are able to opt out of newsletters and mailings by using the unsubscribe link in any promotional email or as otherwise provided in the communication. Please note that customers may not opt out of receiving important system notifications or emails about their accounts.
White Squirrel uses technical security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alternation or unauthorized disclosure of information under our control. White Squirrel uses security measures including and not limited to: physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All sensitive information is collected on a secure server. When we ask customers or users to provide financial information (such as a credit card number) that data is protected using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology.
This website is not directed towards children and we do not seek to collect any personal information from children. If we become aware that personal information from a child under the age of 13 has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Changes to this Policy
White Squirrel Website Solutions
PO Box 2134
Brevard, NC 28712-2134
White Squirrel will endeavor to resolve any concerns.
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") governs your use of the Services and is incorporated by reference into White Squirrel's Terms of Service. Unless otherwise stated, defined terms in this AUP have the meanings provided in the Terms of Service. White Squirrel may modify this AUP at any time without notice.
The Services provided by White Squirrel may only be used for lawful purposes. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Services. White Squirrel reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that in our judgment violates this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice. Failure to respond to an email from our abuse department within the specified time period in our email to you may result in the suspension or termination of the Services.
- Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Use of the Services to infringe upon another party's intellectual property rights is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, the unauthorized copying or distribution of movies, music, books, photographs, software/warez, or any other copyrighted work. Selling or offering to sell any counterfeit merchandise will result in the immediate termination of your account. Any account found to be infringing on the intellectual property rights of others will be expeditiously removed or access to the material will be disabled. Any account found to be in repeated violation of this prohibition will be suspended or terminated.
- Using a shared account as a backup/storage device.
You may not use a shared hosting account as a backup/storage device with the exception of one cPanel backup of the same account. Please do not take backups of your backups.
- Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Unacceptable material on our servers include without limitation:
- IRC Scripts/Bots
- IRCD (irc servers)
- Proxy Scripts/Anonymizers
- Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic)
- AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites
- IP Scanners
- Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications
- Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts
- Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation)
- File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare)
- Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams)
- Escrow/Bank Debentures
- High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites
- Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme)
- Sale or distribution of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
- Prime Banks Programs
- Lottery/Gambling Sites
- Hacker focused sites/archives/programs
- Sites promoting illegal activities
- Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content
- Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs
- Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com)
- Mailer Pro
- Push button mail scripts
- Broadcast or Streaming of Live Sporting Events (UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, WWE, WWF, etc)
- Tell A Friend Scripts
- Anonymous or Bulk SMS Gateways
- Bitcoin Miners
- PayDay Loan Sites (including any site related to PayDay loans, PayDay loan affiliate progams, etc)
- Child Pornography Prohibited.
Content that is potentially harmful to minors, as determined in White Squirrel's sole discretion, is strictly forbidden, including but not limited to, child pornography or content perceived to be child pornography. Any website found to host child pornography or linking to child pornography will be suspended immediately without notice.
- Other Prohibited Content.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates our Terms of Service or this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
Unacceptable Resource Usage
- You may not:
- Use twenty-five percent (25%) or more of our system resources for longer than ninety (90) seconds at a time. Activities that could cause this excessive use, include but are not limited to: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
- Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
- Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
- Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
- Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc.
- Run cron entries with intervals of less than fifteen (15) minutes.
- Run any MySQL queries longer than fifteen (15) seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
- Include the URL when using PHP include functions for including a local file. Instead of including 'http://yourdomain.com/include.php', use 'include.php' or '/home/username/public_html/include.php'.
- Force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml) to help reduce usage.
- Use https protocol unless it is necessary; encrypting and decrypting communications is noticeably more CPU-intensive than unencrypted communications.
The use of more than two hundred and fifty thousand (250,000) inodes on any shared or reseller account may result in a warning, and if no action is taken to reduce the excessive use of inodes, your account may be suspended. If an account exceeds one hundred thousand (100,000) inodes it will be automatically removed from our backup system to avoid over-usage, however, databases will still be backed up as a courtesy in our sole discretion. Every file (i.e. a webpage, image file, email, etc.) on your account uses up one (1) inode.
User accounts that constantly create and delete large numbers of files on a regular basis, have hundreds of thousands of files, or cause file system damage may be flagged for review and/or suspension. The primary cause of excessive inodes is typically due to Users leaving their catchall address enabled, but never checking their primary account mailbox. Over time, tens of thousands of messages (or more) build up, eventually pushing the account past an acceptable amount of inodes. To disable your default mailbox, login to cPanel and choose "Mail", then "Default Address", "Set Default Address", and then type in: ":fail: No such user here".
Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
- We take a zero tolerance stance against the sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and spam. "Safe lists," purchased lists, and selling of lists will be treated as spam. We may terminate the account of any User who sends out spam with or without notice. Please read our generalized mail policy. Please read our dedicated server mail policy.
- Websites advertised via spam (Spamvertised) may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to, spam sent via fax, phone, postal mail, email, instant messaging, or usenet/newsgroups. No organization or entity listed in the ROKSO may be hosted on our servers. Any User account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.
- White Squirrel reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary, any website, account, database, or other component that does not comply with our policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency that we deem necessary at our sole discretion.
- White Squirrel reserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited e-mail a cleanup fee or any charges incurred for blacklist removal at our sole discretion.
Websites hosted on White Squirrel's servers in the U.S. are regulated by U.S. law. Accordingly, pursuant to Section 230(c) of the Communications Decency Act, White Squirrel's policy is not to remove allegedly defamatory material from websites hosted on our servers unless the material has been found to be defamatory by a court, as evidenced by a court order. As a webhost, White Squirrel is not a publisher of User content and we are not in a position to investigate the veracity of individual defamation claims. We rely on the legal system and the courts to determine whether or not material is indeed defamatory. In any case in which a court order indicates that material is defamatory, libelous, or slanderous in nature, we will disable access to the material. Similarly, in any case in which a U.S. court has placed an injunction against specified content or material being made available, we will comply and remove or disable access to the material in question.
- Your Services may be terminated with or without notice upon any violation of this AUP. If applicable, violations will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- A failure to respond to an email from our abuse department within forty-eight (48) hours, or as otherwise specified in the email, may result in the suspension or termination of your Services. All abuse issues must be dealt with via trouble ticket/email and will receive a response within forty-eight (48) hours.
Domain Registration Agreement
THIS AGREEMENT HAS A PROVISION FOR ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
This Registration Agreement ("Agreement") sets forth the terms and conditions of your use of domain name registration and related services ("Services"). In this Agreement "you" and "your" refer to you and the registrant listed in the WHOIS contact information for the domain name. "We", "us" and "our" refer to the registrars listed at the bottom of this document, any one of which will be the registrar for your domain name and all of which share common ownership, common terms and conditions, and a shared Services infrastructure. To determine which registrar your domain name is registered with, perform a WHOIS lookup at http://www.uwhois.com. You obtain the Services through White Squirrel Website Solutions, with whom we have a wholesale relationship. Your relationship with White Squirrel Website Solutions may be governed by additional terms, as you and White Squirrel Website Solutions may agree. "We," "us" and "our" does not include your Primary Service Provider, except when specifically mentioned.
- YOUR AGREEMENT: By using the Services, you agree to all terms and conditions of this Agreement, the UDRP (defined below), the URS (defined below), and any rules, policies, or agreements published in association with specific Services and/or which may be adopted or enforced by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), any registry, or governments.
- CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT: This Agreement may change over time, either through amendments by us, changes to ICANN policy or applicable law which may or may not be reflected in the text of this Agreement, or otherwise. Before any material changes to this Agreement become binding on you (other than changes resulting from a change in ICANN policy or applicable law), we or White Squirrel Website Solutions will notify you of such changes by, for example, sending email to you at your email address of record. If, as a result of such a change, you no longer agree with the terms of this Agreement, your exclusive remedies are (a) to transfer your domain name registration services to another registrar, or (b) to cancel your Services, including domain name registration services, with us. Your continued use of the Services following notification of a change in this Agreement indicates your consent to the changes. Unless otherwise specified by us, any such change binds you: (1) thirty (30) days after we or White Squirrel Website Solutions notify you of the change, or (2) immediately if such change is a result of a new or amended ICANN policy or applicable law.
- REGISTRANT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: ICANN has developed, in consultation with registrars, a webpage that identifies important registrant rights and responsibilities. The document provides a "plain language" summary of terms related to Registrant Rights and Responsibilities as set out in the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA), for posting on registrar websites. While some of the terms included do not specifically refer to registrants, those terms are included because of the potential import to understanding registrar/registrant relations. The document also summarizes registrant rights and responsibilities that arise within ICANN Consensus Policies and specifications, as those policies and specifications are incorporated into the RAA. The summarization of terms within this document do not override or replace the terms set forth in the RAA or within those specifications or policy. Please review these important Registrant Rights and Responsibilities.
- YOUR ACCOUNT: You must create an account to use the Services ("Account"). Your Account is managed and/or provided by White Squirrel Website Solutions. You are solely responsible for maintaining, securing, updating, and keeping strictly confidential all login IDs and passwords, and for all access to and use of your Account by you or any third party.
- ACCOUNT CONTACT INFORMATION AND DOMAIN NAME WHOIS INFORMATION:
- You must provide certain current, complete and accurate information about you with respect to your Account information and with respect to the WHOIS information for your domain name(s). Within seven (7) days of any change to such information, you must update such information as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate. You must submit the following with respect to you, the administrative, technical, and billing contacts for your domain name registration(s) and other Services: name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and where available, fax number. The type of information you are required to provide may change and you must provide such information and keep your Account information current. Not providing requested information may prevent you from obtaining all Services.
- You may provide information regarding the name-servers assigned to your domain name(s) and, if we are providing name-server services to you, the DNS settings for the domain name. If you do not provide complete name-server information, or if you purchase "Name Only" Services, we may supply this information (and point your domain name to a website of our choosing) until such time as you elect to supply the name-server information or until such time as you elect to upgrade from "Name Only" Services.
- OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE ACCOUNT AND WHOIS CONTACT INFORMATION:
- If, in obtaining Services, you provide information about or on behalf of a third party, you represent and warrant that you have (a) provided notice to that third party of the disclosure and use of that party's information as set forth in this Agreement, and (b) obtained the third party's express written consent to the disclosure and use of that party's information as set forth in this Agreement.
- You represent and warrant that the statements in your application are true and that no Services are being procured for any unlawful or abusive purpose, including but not limited to the infringement of any intellectual property right or other right; the distribution of malware; the abusive operation of botnets; phishing; fraudulent or deceptive practices; the unauthorized transfer to yourself or any other party of any domain name or Services; counterfeiting; or any other activity in violation of any laws, rules, or regulations (the "Illegal Uses"). Providing inaccurate or unreliable information, failing to update information within seven (7) days of any change, engaging in any Illegal Uses, or failing to respond for over fifteen (15) days to inquiries by us concerning the accuracy of Account and WHOIS contact information will constitute an incurable material breach of this Agreement and be a basis for suspension and/or cancellation of the Services.
- You are responsible for regularly monitoring email sent to the email address in your Account. You may lose your rights to the domain name(s) or your right to receive the Services if you do not respond appropriately and timely to an email sent in conjunction therewith.
- ACCESSING YOUR ACCOUNT:
- In order to change any of your Account or domain name WHOIS information, you must access your Account with White Squirrel Website Solutions. It is your duty to safeguard your Account login identifier and password from any unauthorized use. Any person in possession of your Account login identifier and password will have both the ability and your authorization to modify your Account and domain name information, initiate transfers of your domain name(s) to other registrars, initiate registrant changes to your domain names which may terminate your rights to use such domain name(s), update DNS changes to your domain name(s) which may result in changes to the content associated with your domain name(s) and take other actions which may affect or terminate your rights and access to your domain name(s) and/or the Services.
- We will take reasonable precautions to protect the information we obtain from you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information and such reasonable precautions include procedures for releasing Account access information to parties who claim to have lost Account access information. If we take reasonable precautions in relation thereto, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE IF SUCH REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS DO NOT PREVENT THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OR MISUSE OF YOUR ACCOUNT IDENTIFIER OR PASSWORD AND, EVEN IF WE FAIL TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS, OUR LIABILITY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BE LIMITED BY THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISION FOUND IN PARAGRAPH 13 BELOW IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- If you contact us alleging that a third party has unauthorized access to your Account or domain names, we may charge you administrative fees, currently set at fifty dollars ($50) per hour, for our time spent in relation to the matter, regardless of whether or not we return control over the Account and/or domain name(s) to you. You will indemnify us for any reasonable attorneys' fees and costs we may incur in relation to the matter, even if those fees and costs accrue as a result of defending an action, or responding to a threat of an action, initiated by you or a third party.
- SHARING OF WHOIS INFORMATION:
- We will make available the domain name registration information you provide or that we otherwise maintain to the following parties: ICANN, any ICANN-authorized escrow service, the registry administrator(s), and to other third parties as ICANN and applicable laws may require or permit (including through web-based and other on-line WHOIS lookup systems), whether during or after the term of your domain name registration services of the domain name. You irrevocably waive any and all claims and causes of action you may have arising from such disclosure or use of such information. We may make publicly available, or directly available to third parties, some, or all, of the information you provide, for purposes of inspection (such as through our WHOIS service) or for targeted marketing and other purposes as required or permitted by applicable laws, including by way of bulk WHOIS data access provided to third parties who enter into a bulk WHOIS data access agreement with us.
- ICANN may establish or modify the guidelines, limits and/or requirements that relate to the amount and type of information that we may or must make available to the public or to private entities, and the manner in which such information is made available. Information regarding ICANN's guidelines and requirements regarding WHOIS can be found at http://www.icann.org/registrars/wmrp.htm, http://www.icann.org/registrars/wdrp.htm, and elsewhere on the ICANN website at http://www.icann.org/.
- ACCOUNT CONTACT INFORMATION AND DOMAIN NAME WHOIS INFORMATION:
- OUR SERVICES:
- DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION:
- We are accredited registrars with ICANN for generic top level domain names ("gTLDs") (such as .com, .net, .org, etc.). ICANN oversees registrations and other aspects of the gTLDs. We also are registrars for a variety of country code top level domain names ("ccTLDs") (such as .co.uk, .de, etc.). For a partial list of registry administrators and for more information on gTLDs, see http://www.icann.org/tlds/.Domain name registrations are not effective until the registry administrator puts them into effect. Domain name registrations are only for limited terms which end on the expiration date. For domain names which are created as a new registration out of the pool of available domain names, the term begins on the date the domain name registration is acknowledged by the applicable registry. For domain name registrations which were not returned to the pool of available domain names, the term begins on the date the previous registrant's domain name registration was acknowledged by the applicable registry.
- We and White Squirrel Website Solutions are not liable or responsible in any way for any errors, omissions or any other actions by the registry administrator, including those arising out of or related to a request to register, renew, modify the settings for, or transfer of a domain name registration. You acknowledge that domain name registration is a service, domain name registrations do not exist independently from services provided pursuant to this or a similar registration agreement with a registrar, domain name registration services do not create a property interest and you have no such property interest in any domain name(s) which you may register with us.
- If you submit an application for pre-registration of a domain name, we do not guarantee that the domain name will be secured for you, or that you will have immediate access to the domain name if secured. In the event two (2) or more pre-registration applications are received for the same domain name and the domain name is secured, all applicants will be invited to a private auction to decide who gets the domain name. If you are such an applicant and wish to participate in the auction, you must first acknowledge any trademark claims notice that is shown to you and agree to any additional terms and conditions which may be applicable. We reserve the right to cancel any pre-registration request at any time and for any reason.
- AFTER MARKET DOMAIN NAMES:
- We offer for sale domain names that are registered to third parties (also known as aftermarket domain names) in a variety of top level domain names ("After Market Domain Name(s)"). All After Market Domain Name registrations are offered on a first come, first served basis. If you are the first to complete an After Market Domain Name registration application for a particular domain name, including payment of the purchase price we designate, we will initiate a transfer of the relevant After Market Domain Name to your Account. If the After Market Domain Name is at another domain registrar at the time of your purchase, we will transfer your purchased After Market Domain Name to us at no cost to you and will add one year to the existing registration period. If the After Market Domain Name is already located with us as the domain registrar at the time of your purchase and it has ninety (90) days or less from the date of your purchase before expiration, we will renew your After Market Domain for you for free. If the After Market Domain Name is already located with us as the domain registrar at the time of your purchase and it has ninety-one (91) days or more before expiration, you are responsible for all renewal fees. Any subsequent renewals of the After Market Domain Name will be charged at the then-current renewal fee. Once you submit your order for an After Market Domain Name, you have entered into a valid, binding and enforceable contract to pay the designated purchase price for the After Market Domain Name. Because we are selling After Market Domain Names initially registered to third parties, we have no control and make no representations regarding the accuracy or legality of domain names advertised, the accuracy or legality of any domain name listing, or the right and the ability of the third party seller to transfer the After Market Domain Name or complete the transaction. We do not control whether or not third party sellers will complete a transaction. We reserve the right to reject or cancel your After Market Domain Name registration for any reason including, but not limited to, any pricing errors. In the event your After Market Domain Name registration is rejected or cancelled by us, for any reason, we will refund in full the amount of the purchase price for the After Market Domain Name as your sole remedy.
- Once the After Market Domain Name is transferred into your Account, such After Market Domain Name may not be transferred away from us to another registrar during the first sixty (60) days following the transfer, during which time the After Market Domain Name may be placed on transfer lock. All of your obligations under this Agreement which apply to the registration or renewal of domain name(s) created by you apply to any After Market Domain Name(s) acquired by you, including but not limited to prohibition against any Illegal Uses.
- NOT INCLUDED IN THE SERVICES:
- We are not responsible to determine whether the domain name(s) you select, or the use you or others make of the domain name(s), or other use of the Services, infringes legal rights of others. It is your responsibility to know whether or not the domain name(s) you select or use or allow others to use infringe legal rights of others.
- We might be ordered by a court or arbitrator to cancel, modify, or transfer your domain name; it is your responsibility to list accurate contact information in association with your Account and to communicate with litigants, potential litigants, and governmental authorities. It is not our responsibility to forward court orders or other communications to you. Our policy is to comply with court orders from courts of competent jurisdiction as well as UDRP and URS Panel decisions. If you contact us informing us that you are contesting a court order from a court of competent jurisdiction, we may, but are not obligated to, place a transfer lock on the domain name pending the outcome of the dispute. If you contact us informing us that you are contesting an adverse UDRP or URS Panel decision, your time limits and procedures to do so are subject to the requirements set forth in the UDRP or URS. We will not delay implementation of a UDRP or URS Panel decision based solely on your informing us that you intend to contest the decision.
- USE OF FREE SERVICES:
- In consideration for providing additional optional Services for which we do not charge an additional fee, including, but not limited to, free trials, URL forwarding, email forwarding, free parking page, free website hosting, free email services, or other free services which we may introduce from time to time (as such list may be modified by us from time to time) ("Free Services"), we may display advertising in conjunction therewith through the use of pop-up or pop-under browser windows, banner advertisements, audio or video streams, appendices to emails, or any other advertising means, and we may aggregate for our own use, related usage data by means of cookies and other similar means. You will not be entitled to any of the proceeds we may earn as a result of such advertising. We may discontinue any Free Services at any time with or without providing you prior notice.
- From time to time we may provide you with free or low-cost domain name(s) registration services ("Promotional Name(s)"). If we do so, the services for the Promotional Name(s) will be placed in the same Account as your other domain name(s) and you will be listed as the registrant, though we may point the Promotional Name to IP address(es) of our choosing. If you want to assume control over the services provided to the Promotional Name, including the right to transfer or push the Promotional Name service to other registrars or other Accounts or the ability to control the DNS settings for the Promotional Name, you must pay the promotional registration fee or renewal fee, if any, and the terms of this Agreement will apply to such Promotional Name(s). If you do not want the Promotional Name services, you may request that you be removed as the registrant of such Promotional Names and we may be listed as the domain name registrant or we may delete such domain names or make them available to others. For any domain name services, including these Promotional Names, for which you are listed as registrant but for which you do not pay the registration or renewal fee, we may assign name-servers to the domain name and point the domain name to IP address(es) designated by us until the registration or renewal fee is paid.
- DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION:
- SERVICES PROVIDED AT WILL; TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF SERVICES:
- We and White Squirrel Website Solutions may reject your domain name registration application or elect to discontinue providing Services to you for any reason within thirty (30) days of a Service initiation or a Service renewal. Outside of this period, we and White Squirrel Website Solutions may terminate or suspend the Services at any time for cause, which, without limitation, includes (i) registration of prohibited domain name(s), (ii) abuse of the Services, (iii) payment irregularities, (iv) allegations of illegal conduct or infringement of any third party intellectual property right or other right, (v) failure to keep your Account or WHOIS information accurate and up to date, (vi) failure to respond to inquiries from us for over fifteen (15) calendar days, or (vii) if your use of the Services involves us in a violation or alleged violation of any third party's rights or acceptable use policies, including but not limited to the transmission of unsolicited email or the violation or alleged violation of any intellectual property right or other right. No fee refund will be made when there is a suspension or termination of Services for cause.
- At any time and for any reason, we may terminate the Services thirty (30) days after we send notice of termination via mail or email, at our option, to the WHOIS contact information provided in association with your domain name registration. Following notice of termination other than for cause, you must transfer your domain name within such thirty (30) day notice period or risk that we may delete your domain name, transfer the registration services associated with your domain name to ourselves or a third party, or suspend or modify Services related to your domain name. If we terminate Services for a reason other than cause, we will provide a pro-rata refund of your fees.
- If we terminate or suspend the Services provided to you under this Agreement, we may then, at our option, make either ourselves or a third party the beneficiary of Services which are substantially similar to those which were previously provided to you. If we have grounds to terminate or suspend Services with respect to one domain name or in relation to other Services provided through your Account, we may terminate or suspend all Services provided through your Account.
- We and any registry reserve the right to deny, cancel, or transfer any domain name registration or transaction, or place any domain name(s) on lock, hold, or similar status, as we or the registry deem necessary, in either our or the registry's unlimited and sole discretion: (i) to protect the integrity and stability of the registry; (ii) to comply with any applicable registry policies and/or procedures or ICANN rules and regulations, including without limitation, the registry agreement; (iii) to comply with any applicable laws, government rules or requirements, requests of law enforcement, or any dispute resolution process; (iv) to avoid any liability, civil or criminal, on the part of us or the registry, as well as our or the registry's affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, and employees; (v) to correct mistakes by us, another registrar, or the registry in connection with the domain name; (vi) following an occurrence of any of the prohibited activities described in Section 4.b.ii above; (vii) per the terms of this Agreement; or (viii) for the resolution of disputes concerning the domain name.
- FEES AND TAXES:
- You agree to pay, prior to the effectiveness of the desired Services, the applicable Service fees set forth on the Pricing Page or otherwise communicated to you. In the event any of the fees for Services change, we will use reasonable efforts to give you thirty (30) days prior notice of such changes on the Pricing Page or by other reasonable means. Please check the Pricing Page often for any changes to our Services fees. All fees are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then current registration term, unless this Agreement specifically provides for a refund. At our option, we may require that you pay fees through a particular payment means (such as by credit card or by wire transfer) or that you change from one payment provider to another.
- Unless specified otherwise, the fees for the Services do not include taxes. If we are required to pay ICANN fees or United States or international sales, use, property, value-added ("VAT"), royalty, license, or other taxes based on your use of the Services, then you must pay such fees or taxes. This section does not apply to taxes based on our income.
- PAYMENT ISSUES:
In the event of a charge back by a credit card company (or similar action by another payment provider allowed by us) in connection with your payment of fees for any Services, we and/or White Squirrel Website Solutions may suspend access to any and all Accounts you have with us and/or White Squirrel Website Solutions and all interests in and use of any domain name registration services, website hosting, and/or email services, including all data hosted on our systems and/or on the systems of White Squirrel Website Solutions may be assumed by us or your Primary Service Provider, as the case may be, or may be terminated. We may reinstate your rights to and control over these Services solely at our discretion, and subject to our receipt of the unpaid fees and our then-current reinstatement fee set forth on the Pricing Page or otherwise communicated to you. Reinstatement of Services by White Squirrel Website Solutions may be according to the terms between you and White Squirrel Website Solutions relating to reinstatement. If you have an issue with credit card or other payment charges, you should contact your Primary Service Provider, first, and us, second, regarding the issue before you contact your credit card or other payment process company to request a charge back or reversal of the charges.
- EXPIRATION AND RENEWAL OF SERVICES:
It is your responsibility to keep your own records and to maintain your own reminders regarding when your domain name registration or other Services are set to expire. With respect to domain name registration services, we and/or White Squirrel Website Solutions will email a renewal notification approximately one (1) month and approximately one (1) week prior to each such domain name's expiration. In addition, if a domain name is not renewed, we and/or White Squirrel Website Solutions will email an additional renewal notification within five (5) days after the expiration of such domain name's registration. All renewal notifications will be sent to primary contact for the Account associated with the domain name registration. It is your responsibility to maintain current and accurate credit card information should any Services be placed on "auto-renew." We and/or White Squirrel Website Solutions will notify you when renewal fees are due. Should these fees go unpaid, your Services will expire or be cancelled. Payment must be made by credit card or such other method as we may allow or require from time to time. If you select automatic renewal of the Services, we may attempt to renew the Services a reasonable time before expiration, provided your credit card or other billing information is available and up to date. It is your responsibility to keep your billing information up to date and we are not required to, but may, contact you to update this information in the event that an attempted transaction is not processed successfully. Please note: for certain top level domain names, the automatic renewal option is not available.
- EXPIRATION OF A DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION:
Immediately after the expiration of the term of domain name registration services and before deletion of the domain name in the applicable registry's database, we may direct the domain name to name-servers and IP address(es) designated by us, including, without limitation, to no IP address or to IP address(es) which host a parking page or a commercial search engine that may display advertisements, and we may either leave your WHOIS information intact or we may change the contact information in the WHOIS output for the expired domain name so that you are no longer the listed registrant of the expired domain name.
- Reactivation Period Process. For a period of approximately thirty (30) days after expiration of the term of domain name registration services, we may provide a procedure by which expired domain name registration services may be renewed. We may, but are not obligated to, offer this process, called the "reactivation period." You assume all risks and all consequences if you wait until close to or after the expiration of the original term of domain name registration services to attempt to renew the domain name registration services. We may, in our sole discretion, choose not to offer a reactivation period and we shall not be liable therefore. The reactivation period renewal process, if any, may involve additional fees which we and White Squirrel Website Solutions may determine. We may make expired domain name services(s) available to third parties, we may auction off the rights to expired domain name services (the auction beginning close to the end or after the end of the reactivation period), and/or expired domain name registration services may be re-registered to any party at any time.
- After the reactivation period, if any, we may:
- Discontinue the domain name registration services at any time thereafter without notice. In which case, certain registry administrators may provide procedures by which discontinued domain name registration services may nonetheless be renewed. We will participate in this process, typically called the "Redemption Grace Period" ("RGP"), for each gTLD registry administrator that provides it. We may, in our sole discretion, choose not to participate in the RGP process with respect to any or all of your ccTLD domain name registration services and we shall not be liable therefore. If available, RGP typically ends between thirty (30) and forty-two (42) days after the end of the reactivation period of the domain name services. The current RGP fee is set forth on the Pricing Page and does not include any registration fees that may also be due. We are not obliged to contact you to alert you that the domain name registration services are being discontinued; or
- Pay the registry's registration fee or otherwise provide for the registration services to be continued. In which case, we may then set the name-servers and the DNS settings for the domain name services, we may set the DNS to point to no IP address or to IP address(es) which host parking page(s) or a commercial search engine that may display paid advertisements, and we may change the contact information in the WHOIS output for the expired domain name so that you are no longer the listed registrant of the expired domain name. We do not have to pay you any of the proceeds we may earn as a result. We are not obliged to contact you to alert you that the domain name registration services are being continued. The domain name will be designated as being in the extended redemption grace period ("ERGP"), and you will be allowed to assume, during the first 120 days of the then extant registration term, complete management of the domain name services, including the right to control the DNS settings, provided that you pay the ERGP fee (which is the same as the RGP fee) plus any registration fees. After the end of the 120-day period, if you do not exercise your rights under this provision, you have abandoned the domain name services, and relinquish all interests and use of the domain name services; or
- If we auctioned the domain name services to a third party, we may transfer the domain name registration services to such third party. In which case, the third party who won the auction for the domain name services will control the domain name services, including control over the WHOIS information and the DNS settings. You may recover the domain name registration services prior to the end of the reactivation period, as such reactivation period applied to you. We are not obliged to contact you to alert you that the domain name registration services are or were auctioned. We do not have to pay you any of the proceeds we may earn as a result of such an auction.
- Transfer of your domain name(s) services shall be governed by ICANN's transfer policy, available at http://www.icann.org/transfers/, including the Registrar Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy, available at http://www.icann.org/en/transfers/dispute-policy-12jul04.htm as well as the UDRP and URS as described in Section 17 of this Agreement, as these policies may be modified from time to time. To transfer your domain name(s) you should first login to your Account to lock or unlock your domain name(s) and/or to obtain the EPP "AuthCode" which is required to transfer domain services in an EPP registry (such as .org). Alternatively, you should contact White Squirrel Website Solutions to have your domain name(s) services locked or unlocked or to obtain the EPP "AuthCode." If White Squirrel Website Solutions is unresponsive, you may contact us to have your domain name(s) locked or unlocked or to obtain the EPP "AuthCode" though we may first contact White Squirrel Website Solutions to request that the Primary Service Provider address the request. Only the registrant and the administrative contacts listed in the WHOIS information may approve or deny a transfer request. Without limitation, domain name services may not be transferred within sixty (60) days of initial registration, within sixty (60) days of a transfer, if there is a dispute regarding the identity of the domain name registrant, if you are bankrupt, or if you fail to pay fees when due. We will follow the procedures for both gaining and losing registrars as outlined in ICANN's transfer policies. Transfer requests typically take five (5) business days to be processed. A transfer will not be processed if, during this time, the domain name registration services expire, in which event you may need to reinstate the transfer request following a redemption of the domain name, if any. You may be required to resubmit a transfer request if there is a communication failure or other problem at either our end or at the registry. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR FAILURE OF A TRANSFER WHETHER OR NOT THE TRANSFER PROCESS IS INITIATED CLOSE TO THE END OF A REGISTRATION TERM.
- Upon initial registration, we may place a "Registrar Lock" ("ClientTransferProhibited" status) on your domain name services and this will prevent your domain name services from being transferred without your authorization, though we are not required to do so. By allowing your domain name services to remain locked, you provide express objection to any and all transfer requests until the lock is removed, which may be done within your Account.
- You explicitly authorize us to act as your "Designated Agent" (as defined in ICANN's transfer policy) to approve each "Change of Registrant" (as defined in ICANN's transfer policy) on your behalf.
- OWNERSHIP OF INFORMATION AND DATA:
We own all database, compilation, collective and similar rights, title and interests worldwide in our domain name database, and all information and derivative works generated from the domain name database. We own the following information for those registrations for which we are the registrar: (a) the original creation date of the registration, (b) the expiration date of the registration, (c) the name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and where available fax number of the registrant and all contacts for the domain name registration, (d) any remarks concerning the registered domain name that appear or should appear in the WHOIS or similar database, and (e) any other information we generate or obtain in connection with the provision of Services, other than the domain name being registered, the IP addresses of the primary nameserver and any secondary nameservers for the domain name, and the corresponding names of those nameservers. We do not have any ownership interest in your specific personal registration information outside of our rights in our domain name database.
- AGENTS AND LICENSES:
If you are registering a domain name for or on behalf of someone else, you represent that you have the authority to and will bind that person as a principal to all terms and conditions provided herein. If you license the use of a domain name you register to us or a to third party, you remain the domain name holder of record, and remain responsible for all obligations at law and under this Agreement, including but not limited to payment obligations, and providing (and updating, as necessary) both your own full contact information, and accurate technical, administrative, billing and zone contact information adequate to facilitate timely resolution of any problems that arise in connection with the domain name and domain name registration and for ensuring non-infringement of any third party intellectual property rights or other rights.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY (a) SUSPENSION OR LOSS OF THE SERVICES, (b) USE OF THE SERVICES, (c) INTERRUPTION OF SERVICES OR INTERRUPTION OF YOUR BUSINESS, (d) ACCESS DELAYS OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS TO OUR WEB SITE(S) OR SERVICES OR DELAYS OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS YOU EXPERIENCE IN RELATION TO A DOMAIN NAME REGISTERED WITH US; (e) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM ACTS OF OR EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL (f) DATA NON-DELIVERY, MIS-DELIVERY, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION OR OTHER MODIFICATION; (g) THE PROCESSING OF AN APPLICATION FOR A DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION; (h) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OR MISUSE OF YOUR ACCOUNT IDENTIFIER OR PASSWORD; OR (i) APPLICATION OF ANY DISPUTE POLICY. NEITHER WE NOR WHITE SQUIRREL WEBSITE SOLUTIONS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE OR WHITE SQUIRREL WEBSITE SOLUTIONS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR OR YOUR PRIMARY SERVICE PROVIDER'S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR SERVICES, BUT IN NO EVENT GREATER THAN FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS (US$400.00). BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES, OUR AND YOUR PRIMARY SERVICE PROVIDER'S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You hereby release and agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us, ICANN, the registry operators, and your Primary Service Provider, as well as the contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and affiliates of such parties harmless from and against any and all liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs, for third party claims relating to or arising under this Agreement, including any breach of any of your representations, warranties, covenants or obligations set forth in this Agreement, the Services provided hereunder, or your use of the Services, including, without limitation, infringement or alleged infringement by you, or by anyone else using the Services, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or from the violation or alleged violation of any of our or ICANN's operating rules or policies relating to the Services provided. We may seek written assurances from you in which you promise to indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless from the costs and liabilities described in this paragraph. Such written assurances may include, in our sole discretion, the posting of a performance bond(s) or other guarantees reasonably calculated to guarantee payment. Your failure to provide such assurances may be considered by us to be a breach of this Agreement by you and may, in our sole discretion, result in loss of your right to control the disposition of domain name Services for which you are the registrant and in relation to which we are the registrar of record. This indemnification is in addition to any indemnification (a) required under the UDRP, URS, or any other ICANN policy or any policy of any relevant registry; or (b) set forth elsewhere in this Agreement.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES:
YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT NEITHER THE REGISTRATION OF A DOMAIN NAME NOR THE MANNER IN WHICH IT IS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY USED NOR THE USE OF OTHER OF THE SERVICES INFRINGES THE LEGAL RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY OR WILL OTHERWISE SUBJECT US TO A LEGAL CLAIM. THE SERVICES ARE INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD AND BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD AND ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PROCUREMENT OF THE SERVICES IS ACCURATE. ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS. EXCEPT FOR OUR STATEMENT REGARDING OUR ACCREDITATION AS ICANN-APPROVED DOMAIN NAME REGISTRARS, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, UNLESS SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE NOT LEGALLY EXCLUDABLE. WITHOUT ANY LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER THAT REGISTRATION OR USE OF A DOMAIN NAME UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL IMMUNIZE YOU EITHER FROM CHALLENGES TO YOUR DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION, OR FROM SUSPENSION, CANCELLATION OR TRANSFER OF THE DOMAIN NAME REGISTERED TO YOU. ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF OUR E-MAIL FORWARDING OR OTHER EMAIL SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH OUR E-MAIL SERVICES OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OUR E-MAIL SERVICES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION POLICY:
You are bound by all ICANN consensus policies and all policies of any relevant registry, including but not limited to: (i) the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy ("UDRP"), which is available at http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrp-rules-24oct99.htm and http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/policy.htm along with the UDRP Rules and all Supplemental Rules of any UDRP provider; and (ii) the Uniform Rapid Suspension System ("URS"), which is available at http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/urs, along with the URS Rules and all Supplemental Rules of any URS provider. The UDRP and URS may be changed by ICANN (or ICANN's successor) at any time. If the registration or reservation of your domain name is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the provisions specified in the UDRP and URS in effect at the time your domain name registration is disputed by the third party. In the event a domain name dispute arises with any third party, you will indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions of the UDRP and URS. If you or your domain name is the subject of litigation, we may deposit control of your domain name record into the registry of the judicial body by providing a party with a registrar certificate.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION FOR DISPUTES:
- Except as otherwise set forth in the UDRP, URS, or any similar ccTLD policy, with respect to any dispute over a domain name registration, this Agreement, your rights and obligations and all actions contemplated by this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Washington, as if the Agreement was a contract wholly entered into and wholly performed within the State of Washington.
- Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of the agreement to arbitrate, shall be determined by arbitration in King County, Washington, before one arbitrator. The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures. Judgment on the Award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A CLASS MEMBER IN ANY FORM OF A CLASS PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and we expressly agree otherwise in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class proceeding. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. Service of process on you by us in relation to any dispute arising under this Agreement may be served upon you by first class mail to the address listed by you in your Account and/or domain name WHOIS information or by electronically transmitting a true copy of the papers to the email address listed by you in your Account and/or domain name WHOIS information.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, for the adjudication of third party disputes (i.e., disputes between you and another party, not us) concerning or arising from use of domain names registered hereunder, you shall submit without objection, without prejudice to other potentially applicable jurisdictions, to the subject matter and personal jurisdiction of the courts (i) of the domicile of the registrant as it appears in the public WHOIS record for the domain name(s) in controversy, and (ii) where we are located, currently those State or federal courts whose geographic districts include Bellevue, Washington.
Any notices required to be given under this Agreement by us to you will be deemed to have been given if delivered in accordance with the Account and/or domain name WHOIS information you have provided.
- ADDITIONAL REGISTRY REQUIREMENTS:
Some registries have additional contractual requirements that you agree to by registering domain names from those registries. You are responsible for reviewing any terms and conditions applicable to or provided by such registries.
This Agreement and all applicable ICANN policies and the policies of any relevant registry, including but not limited to the UDRP and URS, together with all modifications, constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between you and us, and supersede and govern all prior proposals, agreements, or other communications. You represent, warrant, and agree that upon entering into this Agreement, that you are not relying upon and have not relied upon any representation, promise, or statement made by anyone which is not recited, contained, or embodied in this Agreement. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between the parties. The failure of us to require your performance of any provision hereof shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor shall the waiver by us of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law or be so held by applicable court decision, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render this Agreement unenforceable or invalid as a whole. We will amend or replace such provision with one that is valid and enforceable and which achieves, to the extent possible, our original objectives and intent as reflected in the original provision. This Agreement may not be amended or modified by you except by means of a written document signed by both you and an authorized representative of us. The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5, if applicable.
THE FOLLOWING REGISTRARS ARE REFERENCED IN THIS DOCUMENT:
Mobile Name Services Incorporated
eNom Canada Corp
There is a 500 outgoing email hourly limit per domain. This limit is also applied towards Mailman. If you send over this amount in any hour, most of the e-mails will bounce back with an undeliverable error. If this occurs, it will then take some time for your account to be able to send again so we recommend waiting at least 1 hour after this issue occurs to begin sending email again.
Many of our servers have a limit of 30 POP3/IMAP checks per hour per each user's connecting IP address. If you go over this you're likely to get a wrong password error message or an error stating "login incorrect". If this occurs, please wait an hour and it will automatically unblock you. To prevent this from happening again, please make sure to disable auto checking or at least set it to something higher such as once every 10 minutes.
Any mailing list larger than 5,000 addresses will require a dedicated server or VPS hosting solution from us. Note: Dividing one large list into smaller lists to get below this limit is not allowed.
There is also a limit to the number of Mailman mailing lists permitted as follows (NOTE: This does not apply to other mailing list programs such as PHPList. This only applies to Mailman.)
- Squirrel package: 10 Mailman mailing lists
- Elk package: 25 Mailman mailing lists
- Bear package: 50 Mailman mailing lists
- Mailing Lists Rules
- Any time you're sending a message no matter how large your e-mail list is you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least sending 1 email every 8 seconds. (Sending 1 every 8 seconds would send 450 emails within 1 hour, keeping you below the 500 outgoing email limit.) If the mailing list software you're using does not allow you to throttle you must switch to an application or script that will. We recommend PHPList, which can be found in your CPanel, under Quickinstall.
IMPORTANT: If you do not throttle and you try sending 500 emails, the server will try sending all 500 in 1 second which is not possible on our shared servers. This will cause a very high load on the server and the entire server will be sluggish, potentially affecting your sites and service, until this sending process is completed. It is our job to keep the server up and running without being sluggish or experiencing issues. Anyone who causes the server's load to go high will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle, you will most likely be suspended for crashing the server.
- Any mailing list over 900 email addresses is only allowed to be sent to during off-peak times to prevent high server loads. Off peak times qualify as all day Saturday and Sunday, and 1AM - 8AM Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
- The list must be a Double Opt-In list. This means a user has subscribed for a newsletter or other email marketing messages by explicitly requesting it and confirming the email address to be their own. Confirmation is usually done by responding to a notification/confirmation email sent to the email address the end user specified. The double opt-in method eliminates the chance of abuse where somebody submits someone else's email address without their knowledge and against their will. You will not be permitted to mail any mailing list that you were given or purchased. In doing so, this will also be considered spamming and may result in termination of the offending account.
Email Scripts must be able to handle and document all information from a double opt-in list. This includes recording the sign-up IP address and date/time, double opt-in verification IP address and date/time, processing opt-outs (via web or email), and list removal on bounce backs. All opt-outs or bounce back removals must be handled in a timely manner, and outbound mail must be throttled on shared packages to a maximum of five hundred (500) emails per hour. If your account is found to be using a script that does not meet these requirements, White Squirrel reserves the right to suspend, terminate, or deactivate your script or account.
- Any unsolicited e-mail being sent will result in suspension or termination of the offending account. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail and other forms of spam.
- Any mailling list MUST comply with all guidelines set forth by the United States government. These can be found at: http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus61-can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business.
- No direct SMTP mailers are allowed. An example of this would be a Darkmailer or The Bat!. Any mail should be sent through the local mail server/MTA for further delivery by the server and not done directly by scripts.